Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Buffet Beauty

Firstly I must apologize for my Blog Neglect but I have been busy, busy, busy with reincarnating relics  buried deep in my garage. I started this piece in July. In August I culled, holidayed in September and I am pleased to say after a little R & R,  October has been fairly productive.

This old pine veneer buffet had seen better days


I had no idea when I first got it home what I was going to do with it,
but as time went on it seemed to transform all by itself !




I started with a primer then chose an Almond spraypaint.
The Almond colour was perfect for the look I wanted, but felt a bit too Queen Anne for this piece so out with the basic flat black for the interior and top.




The weather turned nasty around that time and with cold & rain this piece seemed to take forever to dry.

Frustrated at the lack of progress I decided to ignore the buffet for month.

I went on a short trip to Melbourne & Sydney op-shopping & touring around with one of my good friends.... then came home and spent a couple of weeks of school holidays with my kids.

The weather is now back to beautiful in Western Australia & my boys went back at school.

Time to finish what I started.

Drawers were primed and painted .....


Handles replaced with some nice wrought iron ones.


      and finally....
I was inspired to use matching baskets instead of replacing the doors.
 I also added a little labelling to each basket for identification 
        and now this Buffet is a Beauty !!
  


I am feeling really motivated now and back on track having finally finished this piece.

Amazing how a holiday and a little sunshine can make all the difference !

*****

2 comments:

Tracy's Trinkets and Treasures said...

Thank you so much for mentioning my hutch in your post. I think your redo turned out fabulous and I love the baskets in it. I am off to check out more of your blog!

SaltAndPepperMakers said...

It's beautiful and classy! Love the contrast!