Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Awesome Aquisitions

Being new to the "Life of a Blogger" and having viewed hundreds of blogs in the last few days, I decided it was time to approach op shopping with new eyes.
There are probably half a dozen op shops / thrift shops in the metropolitan area within a few streets of each other, so with cash in hand, it was time to investigate, and to my surprise after spending a mere $ 8.80, I was thrilled with my new aquisitions.


At home, I am having a red phase at the moment and thanks to my Best Bargain today, this is now my favourite corner of the living room.
                                                                                           
Made of  a heavy metal, the label underneath declares it is originally from IKEA.
I already had the red shade from a previous venture costing all of 50c which I had shelved till I found the right base, and here it is :
                      
                                    
                         Favourite & Bargain Buy LampBase .... $  1.99
                                       
I absolutely love it  & cant believe it was sitting there just waiting for me to walk in & buy.



                                                     *****

                         Other Bits & Pieces      
                 I have always loved old things .... like vintage or antique pieces but having a modern home I never was brave enough to mix it with old world treasures. Here are just a few pieces I have picked up today to make a home for. Too cute & cheap to leave shelved in an op shop ...... 

Cognac Balloon Glasses 20c each



Crystal Cut (presumably) Glass Bowl with Lid 
$ 1.50

 
Brand new Coffee / Spice Grinder
$ 2.00

 

  Hartsteingut  Jug  ( German ) 
 $  2.50


So a good op shopping day and all under $ 10 ....
Gotta love Awesome Aquisitions !

No comments: